Benefits of Support Contracts and Renewals
Most organizations choose basic, enhanced, or premium support for the first three years of a hardware purchase. It is standard operating procedure for many IT organizations to purchase the warranty coverage alongside new hardware. However, these services can be added at any time via custom support contracts with your vendor.
Hardware Warranty vs. Business Support
Whilst the hardware warranty may sound attractive, does it meet the needs of your business? A warranty only provides hardware support if a product or component is found to be faulty, within a certain period. There are no guaranteed response times, time-to-repair commitments, or software support.
While the warranty guarantees replacement of the faulty product or component, what will be the impact on your business when a hardware malfunction occurs? For example, if your storage configuration is for high availability with RAID, will you be able to wait for a replacement disk to be shipped to you? If your business depends on the technology or you are experiencing downtime—can your business afford to wait?
In addition, when a warranty replacement part does arrive, there may be no technical expertise provided. Most likely no installation and configuration assistance will be available. There is no commitment to return the system to the level of functionality and performance your business requires.
Is that what you’re looking for? Or does your business demand something better? Business support is available to help maintain your IT infrastructure along with your hardware warranty.
HPE Pointnext Services
HPE Pointnext services are designed to allow you to concentrate on delivering business outcomes. This relieves you from having to focus on maintaining your IT infrastructure. Various options are available that allow you to choose the support that’s right for your infrastructure, your budget, and your business.
Stay ahead of new opportunities with proven strategies from HPE’s team of experts. Create new edge experiences, implement effective cloud strategies, modernize your IT, and simplify IT operations.
Advisory and Professional Services available:
- AI and Data Driven Services
- Cloud Consulting Services
- IT Modernization
- Networking, Digital Workplace, and IOT Services
- Security and Digital Protection Services
HPE Operational Services
If you’re currently relying only on hardware warranties, why not take a look at the following operational services from HPE. See how they can make a difference to your business.
- HPE Foundation Care keeps your devices up and running. With HPE experts who are available to assist when there is a problem. Foundation Care reduces the amount of time your IT team needs to troubleshoot, monitor, and remediate your HPE servers, storage, networking products, and commercial operating systems and hypervisors. You will maintain the required levels of availability within budget and resource limitations.
- HPE Proactive Care allows you to focus on your business by providing proactive, higher-value support. It helps improve the overall availability and stability of your IT systems. Your entire infrastructure stack is supported with services designed to reduce the number of issues you experience.
- HPE Datacenter Care Service: A holistic, personalized, proactive support approach. It includes tailored services and priority access to reactive support for your specific multivendor IT environment and your targeted business outcomes to achieve a more agile, cloud-like model.
- HPE Greenlake Management Services: Deliver a quality experience at lower cost, expand your capacity for innovation, and take advantage of new technologies quickly, without waiting until your organization has the skills. HPE GreenLake Management Services will remotely monitor and operate your infrastructure and applications from core to cloud to edge, detect and help resolve issues, and advise you on ways to improve continuously.
Benefits of Support Contracts
Renewing support allows your IT organization to effectively plan and budget. It also ensures that your support coverage does not lapse, and helps to avoid late renewal charges. It also allows you to keep your systems up to date with current upgrades.
Another benefit is the consolidation of renewal dates. As your IT environment continues to grow, Zunesis can help make the renewal process simpler and easier. We consolidate renewal contracts and expiration dates which reduces the number of contracts and administrative costs.
If you are a current Zunesis customer, once your initial support contract is due to expire, Zunesis will notify you. We reach out to your organization within 30-90 days of support expiration. We will assist in helping you select a renewal contract to meet your current support requirements.
As the dedicated Support Specialist for Zunesis, I am happy to work with you to review your existing environment. We will develop a plan to ensure that you have the confidence that your equipment has the protection necessary to survive in today’s demanding IT world.